Friday, October 3, 2008

Superheros All Around!

Today is the Jog-a-thon at Arthur Academy. The theme is "Superheros", so the kids got to dress up as a superhero, if they wanted to. Ally wanted to be Violet from The Incredibles. I looked online and the costumes were at least $40. Yikes! So we made an Incredibles logo out of felt, pinned it on a red shirt, and she wore black pants. I got a bandit type mast from the party store for .99 and we cut it out to look like Violet's mask. I also got her a long black wig, which she decided was too itchy. She looked really cute, and Mom was happy too with her .99 costume :)
Katie wore her cat costume from last Halloween to be catwoman (I know, she's kind of a villan, not a hero, but we'll pretend...) Liz made up her own - she was "Baby Liz Liz" (like Baby Jack Jack from Incredibles). Her super power was to "rhyme". She wore a Bat Man shirt and cape that Jeanne had made Mike when he was just 4 yrs. old. On the cape she pinned a "Baby Liz Liz" logo that she made herself out of felt. Oh, I almost forgot, Baby Liz Liz talks with a baby voice too.
Know what I decided? There are not enough female superheros!
I, myself, was also a superhero today - Super Mom! I brought in all our fall and Halloween boxes from the shed yesterday, and Katie's cat costume was nowhere to be found. Katie said a prayer before we opened the last box that it would be in there. It wasn't. She said another prayer this morning that we would find it. I went out to the shed to look a little more. I had to move all the Christmas boxes, and finally I found one last Halloween box of stuff behind it all. Katie was thrilled - and again, Super Mom was happy, this time for a child's answered prayer.
I'll post some pictures from the Jog-a-thon later. Thanks to everyone who sponsered them!
Up, Up, and Away!!!

No comments: