Health is not the absence of sickness, but the presence of vitality.
So that's what I'm aiming for. A month or so ago, I applied for some additional life insurance and found out my cholesterol was high. I had some more tests done and found out last week my thyroid isn't working properly - which is why I have been achy and tired and slowly gaining weight, even when trying to eat healthy and exercise. So now I am on a "anti-inflammatory" diet which means no sugar, processed foods, wheat or gluten, dairy, tomatoes, corn, potatoes, and citrus fruits. I have been eating this way for a little over a week now. The most interesting thing to me is that I don't have any food cravings. I eat meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, rice, barley, rice or almond milk and protien shakes. My favorite things to eat are apples with almond butter and avacados with a little salt. I have a bunch of supplements to help my thyroid, which I get to try for three months and if that doesn't get it working (along with the diet) then I'll start on thyroid medication. After four weeks on the anti-inflamitory diet I will start adding things back into my diet one at a time and see how it affects me.
Here's to health!
Cousins!!!!!!!!
11 years ago

2 comments:
Hey Jen!
That is great news that you are feeling good and craving good things. Almond butter and apples...yum! I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling so sluggish.I hope it all falls into place quickly and you are able to gain the balance you are aiming for.
You go girl!!! That is so hard to stick to a diet like that when you have to feed a family. Are they eating it right along with you? Hope it's all sucessful! Thyroid problems are not fun.
Post a Comment