Saturday, September 13, 2008

Score!


Ally scored her first goal today. The smile on her face when she looked over at me afterward was absolutely priceless.

I really love reading Ally's papers that she brings home from school, not necessarily for the school work, but because she adds all sorts of little drawings and writings in the sidelines and on the back of her papers. For example, they are reading "A Wrinkle in Time" and along with that studying astronomy. On the back of one of her worksheet she drew a new constellation with this title:
The Game
Discovered by Allison C. on September 11th, 2008
Looks like two girls playing soccer.

Here is the latest quote, found written in the side column of her spelling test:

The long eternal hours,
The time that work desires,
School.

And her teacher's response written in red ink underneath:

Only 16 more years, Ally :)

5 comments:

kristin kempton said...

Thank you for letting me know about your blog. You have done such a great job with it. I love the background. It's so bright and cheerful...just like you! I don't have a blog but several friends do and I love visiting their sites. It's such a great way to keep in touch. Your girls are really growing up. They are beautiful!
Love,
Kristin Kempton

Trishelle said...

Hehehe...Ally's teacher seems to have a great sense of humor. Ally's bit of poetry is so witty and funny...although with her thirst for knowledge and her love of books, I have a sneaking suspicion her quest for learning won't end 16 years from now.

Emily said...

Ally's so cute! She has always been such a great reader...we are still working on that! I find little drawings of football guys, or football plays on the sides of the papers. Sydney draws flowers and writes all kinds of messages about High School Musical. Very intellectual bunch we have!

lindseynoelle said...

The poem is so cute! Ally cracks me up. And i wouldn't be surprised if she discovered a constellation at some point in her life :)

Arien said...

Jen,
thanks for sharing your family with us way out here in KY. I'm so proud of my little nieces, they are so talented and beautiful. You guys are great people, and we miss you.
Sterling