When I asked Ally if she noticed she was stronger after completing a third week of tough soccer practices, she said, "The only thing I noticed is that my body is so worn out and tired that when I get kicked or hurt or fall down, I don't care anymore." I laughed and so did she.
A conversation a little later:
Mom: I'm really proud of how hard you worked today at soccer. I could see you were really tired, but you kept on going. Remember that book Dad and I got you for your birthday, "The LDS girls guide to true beauty?"
Ally: Yes
Mom: Do you remember in there where it talked about how you may not be the star of the soccer team -
Ally (finishing the sentence verbatim out of the book): but you can be a strong supporting player!
Mom: Yes! You are a superstar at some things -
Ally: Like reading!
Mom: Yes! and remembering things exactly that you read like you just did!
Ally: Well I did read the book, Mom!
Mom (laughing and hugging Al): Yes, but never everyone can remember things so well like you can. You might not always be a superstar at soccer, but it is great for your body and expanding your talents. Do you feel good about being the best supporting player that you can be?
Ally: Yeah, I do.
Just one of those precious experiences with kids when you feel like you were a part of a true inspirational moment - for both of us!
Cousins!!!!!!!!
11 years ago

4 comments:
I love it Jen! I might just update mine.
I am so glad you are doing a blog....it is fun to keep up with everyone this way. We love and miss all of you.
Jen, Jen, Jen!!! Yahooooo! You have a blog! You have seriously made my day. It looks great and you are all more beautiful than ever!!
I'm totally putting you on my favorites!
Post a Comment