Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm trying out the movie feature in Picasa with pictures from the 1/2 marathon I ran with some friends. We had a great time, although I was pretty nervous. I kept telling myself the morning of the race that I was just going out for a fun morning jog, and I didn't have a time I was trying to beat or anything, so no pressure! The day was gorgeous, sunny and cool. We saw an amazing bald eagle just sitting and watching the runners go by, and I actually ran faster than I thought I could - I finished in 2 hrs. 19 minutes - which is about 10 1/2 minute miles when I trained at about 11 1/2 or 12 min. miles. I felt good pretty much the entire run, although the last mile felt like five. I was VERY sore for two days afterwards, but it was definitely worth and something I would probably do again. (if convinced by friends :)

2 comments:

Trevor and Angie said...

Jen, I found your blog, hope its okay that I keep posted on it!!! I am excited you have one! Blogging is fun!

Emily said...

Good job on the marathon!!!!! You girls rock!