Monday, July 13, 2009

The Worst Day of Katie's Life

I am confused about how to do both Facebook and blogging. Because it seems kind of redundant. Do I really have to post pictures in both places? And it's so much easier to post pictures on facebook because I can do a whole album. Maybe there is an easier way here in blogspot and I just don't know about it yet. The other thing that makes is redundant is the monthly newsletter I do for my family that has pictures and everything we did over the last month. I need to combine all these things together somehow! Any suggestions???

But I do want to update my blog because it's more like a journal while facebook is more my life as one-liners. And I can make a book out of my blog. So there it is. I'm going to attempt to update my blog more often and spend a little less time on facebook. The nice thing about facebook is that it's more social and interactive. So I will do both, but need to make an effot to update the blog, especially for our own family history.

We had an awesome FHE tonight (other than the fact that Liz was sick with a UTI). It was based off this article: http://zenhabits.net/2009/07/how-giving-changes-everything/
on "giving". What made it great was the conversation - the girls told stories (The quilt maker, the princess with the magic dresses, and even Garfield and Family Circus comics) about people who were happiest when they were giving something away. This lesson wasn't a "we should give service lesson", it was a lesson on happiness and how if you forget yourself and concentrate on others you are really happier than if you just worry about yourself. I need to remind myself of this fact, too!

During this conversation, we learned something about Kaite. She said, "When I'm having a bad day I just think about the worst day of my life and then realize - it's not that bad!" Mike and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows, wondering what was this terrible day.... Mike asked her what it was. She said, "It's the day we went over to Nicky and Joshy's house (our neighbors) when they were building snowmen. I got hit in the face with a snowball so I just sat by Daddy's car and was sad. Then I wanted to build a snow fort but we had to go inside. I then reminded her that was Christmas Day last year and we asked her (with straight faces!) if that was really the worst day of her life. Apparently it was, so I think she's had a pretty good life :)

I have had so much fun teaching my girls all the girls camp songs. I wish I knew the tune to more of them in my camp book. The girls really like Horsey, Princess Pat, and Linger. I can't wait to go to camp with Ally next year.

No comments: