Monday, June 1, 2009

Rules about Reading

Yes, in our house we have rules about reading: when and where it's o.k. to read and when it's NOT o.k. to read. For example, no reading while we are walking (they like to read while we are walking to the car or into a store), no reading before school (unless you're all ready and Mom has given the o.k.), no reading at the dinner table, and finally no reading in the bathroom (because they disappear for hours and come out with a really red, deep ring around you know where!) Here is proof these rules are often ignored - I found a book curled up inside the toilet paper holder when I went to replace the roll!

3 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That is hilarious! I bet 10 years ago you would never have thought you'd have to make rules for your kids about reading. That is too funny. Be grateful if that's the biggest worry you have!! :)Your family's awesome!
-Alyssa

Trishelle said...

Jen, you make me giggle! Those are very sound, very wise rules. I ought to apply some of these to our own home!

nanadover said...

Wow! That brings back memories!
I used to have to ground my girls from reading because they would read all night or ignore their chores. When they'd disappear into the bathroom for hours, with 4 other siblings waiting at the door, there was often trouble! I even found one of my girls in the laundry room, sitting on a basket full of clean laundry, hoping I wouldn't find her!
Aren't kids great?!