Saturday, May 16, 2009

Half Marathon Training

My friends and I are training for a half marathon. Today I ran the furthest I have ever run in my life, nine miles. Ouch. But at the same time, it feels good. The race date is the end of June. I think I'll be ready. I also started the program from a trainer from the show "Biggest Loser" with some girls from Olympic Gym. It's a book by Jillian called "Making the Cut". It's a 30 day intense program of eating and working out. You can check out my progress at that blog - www.letsmakethecut.blogspot.com, or just follow the link on the right. I am trying to actually eat right so I can be lighter and run faster. Plus, I've been training for this half marathon since February and haven't lost any weight so I figured I'd better do something different.

1 comment:

Trishelle said...

Jen, you seriously rock! 9 miles is awesome!! I'm so excited for you. The whole experience, training and the race, will no doubt be something you always cherish. Good job, Jen! You're awesome!