Sunday, March 7, 2010

Too much time...

O.K. it's official, I'm spending too much time "couponing". Yes, I'm saying about $200 -300 per month on groceries, but it's getting in the way of doing the things I want/need to do. So after much thought on what to do, I think I've figured it out.
I am going to scan the Sunday paper for coupons that are for items that I normally buy. Then I will go to ebay or other websites that sell bulk coupons and buy these coupons in bulk. For example, I just bought 20 $2.00 off a half gallon of silk soymilk for $4. I will make a menu Thursday morning and go grocery shopping for the week. It's hard to say "no" to all the wonderful deals and freebies out there, but I found myself at a store almost every day...
What do I want to do? I don't want to have any regrets when I look back on my life. So I want to spend the time I have taking care of and really enjoying my kids and family, getting in better health, and growing my testimony.
My first goal - lose 10 pounds! I need to lose more, but I want to start small. I will follow the weight watchers plan, make myself a menu and include "emergency foods" for when I feel really hungry - popcorn and ww ice cream bars to start with!
My thoughts today - it takes ACTION. Just like faith. It's one thing to say you believe in God, but what really counts are that your ACTIONS show that you believe in God. So it's one thing to say I want to lose 10 pounds, and have the knowledge of how to do it, but the hardest part is putting that knowledge into ACTION. The hard part is saying "No" to all the treats and junk food and second helpings. I've had the knowledge on how to for a long time. I am going to concentrate on the actions now. I will post every pound I lose :) Sorry to bore any readers, but this is more for me than for you :) Just ignore me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't ignore you! You're too interesting! Good job Jen, in the words of Dori "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..". It's a battle we wage every single day of our lives so it's good to have a plan.

Anonymous said...

We can't ignore you! You're too interesting! Good job Jen, in the words of Dori "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..". It's a battle we wage every single day of our lives so it's good to have a plan.