This entry is to capture all the funny things my sunbeams say...
5-2-10 The lessons was on bodies. We were talking about each body part and what it does. I asked Ava, "What do we do with our nose?" she said. "We pick it."
Sawyer stepped on Olivia's fingers. I said, "Sawyer, it would be nice to say to Olivia." "I can't," he said, point at his mouth full of fishy crackers, "I've got a full mouth." Nice to say a whole sentence to me with his mouth full but he can't say "I'm sorry!"
I brought some items in a bag of things we use to take care of our body like a toothbrush, washcloth, ball (to exercise), an apple (keep it clean on the inside...). I had a bar of soap I brought out after the apple. "Who wants to taste the soap?" I asked them, joking around. Ooops, I guess three year olds aren't aware that soap doesn't taste good. Carlos volunteered. I said, "Are you sure? I don't think it tastes good." He was sure and took a big bite. He obviously didn't like it and spit it out, yet almost all the rest of the kids in the class still wanted to taste the soap! Am I a bad teacher if I let them??? Because I did! I mean, I figured it was a good learning experience. The funniest part was most of them didn't just take a little lick - they actually bit it! I'm sure they went home to their parents and told them that they teacher fed them soap! We finally decided as a class that soap should be used to clean the outside of their bodies - not the inside!
3-28-10 We had two visitors in class today, both Henry's cousins. I asked them their names. One of them is Ivory. The other little girl told me her name, but I couldn't understand her. "Hannah? I asked her." She shook her head no and repeated her name. It started with an "s" and sound like Santa. "Sienna?" No. I asked Henry, "What is your cousins name? I can't understand it." "I don't know" he told me.
You don't know your cousin's name?
No.
Ivory, what is your cousin's name?
I don't know.
Is it Santa?
(giggling) No!
What is it? I know you know your cousin's name!
Henry: (in his deep "man" voice) I am going to take her and scoop her up in my tractor and dump her in big pile of dirt because I don't know her name!
(laughter from all the sunbeams, "Santa" included.
Fine, I say, I am just going to call her Santa!
Which I did for the rest of the class.
(It turns out her name is Savannah.)
When asked why they need sleep Henry replied (in his deep "man" voice): to get strong so we can take people down!
On Valentine's day Hailey brought everyone Valentine's day cards. Henry stands up and says, "I forgot to give everyone their Valentine's day hugs!" And then he goes around the room hugging all the other three year olds (some of which weren't very well received.) But Hailey said enthusiastically, "Thank You Henry! You are my best friend!"
"Excuse me," says Henry, "I just had a bottom burp." "They come out of your bottom," he says, patting his bum.
Cousins!!!!!!!!
11 years ago

1 comment:
On Sunday we were talking about being honest and telling the truth. One of my 4 year olds, Riley said "I tell the truth to my mom but to my dad? I lie to him ALL the time! He doesn't even know it, but I do!"
I had to tattle on him to his mom!
Post a Comment