Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween Costumes

A little late, but here are the kids in costume for those that didn't see the pictures posted on facebook. Liz wanted to be an apple tree - so I sewed a black felt hole on a brown shirt and we put a little squirrel in it, a bird on her shoulder, some fake greenery, and apples pinned all over her. Katie was an apple from Liz's tree, which I made by making a sandwich board out of foam, spray adhesived red fabric to it, and making a little worm she could use like a puppet to pick up candy. Ally designed her wolf costume herself, after she fell in love with the wolf fake fur at the fabric store. We bought a gray sweatshirt at Goodwill and she cut out the pieces and told me how she wanted it sewed on the shirt, tail and all! We looked online and found a u-tube tutorial on how to paint a wolf face. She looked pretty scarry! The girls had a fun halloween trick-or-treating and then selling us back lots of their candy, they made about $15.00 each. They set up a little candy store and we come with our change jar and whatever candy they are willing to sell. Then we gave them a $5.00 bonus at the end.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I wouldn't think of doing the apple tree and apple. And probably even if I did, my kids would say it was stupid and refuse to wear it! Ally's face is beautiful!

I've got to remember the candy purchasing scheme next year with me kids. Every year I forget until it's come and gone. What a great idea.