Katie came to me as I was making dinner and informed me she was running away. She kissed me goodbye and told me she would be home in time for dinner. I said O.K., and that dinner would be in ten minutes. (I figured she couldn't get too far in that time.) She three purses and something wrapped in a baby blanket. She left. A few minutes later she came back inside and said that she would wait for a drier day to run away, that there was no where dry to set down her things.
I don't think she was mad about anything, just going on an adventure. Although maybe it did start when she didn't get to sit where she wanted to sit in the car...
Later, I looked to see what she packed. Here is what I found:

Her wooden name sign wrapped in a baby blanket, a little pillow, 3 undies and socks, 1 undershirt, 1 pair of pants, 3 books, some blank paper, a tiny doll, some jewelry, chap-stick, and my favorites: two soccer medals and her snow globe :) Today, three days later, it's pretty dry outside and her bags are still packed, but I think she has forgotten about running away!
No comments:
Post a Comment